You had just purchased a new or used car which may comes with a BlackVue dashcam. You may be wondering if you could connect the BlackVue dashcam using your smartphone by direct WiFi. How to identify the model of the dashcam and what is the WiFi password to login? No worries, we have the information here to clear your doubt.
1) Identify the BlackVue model name
Over the years, the official BlackVue dashcam models sold in Singapore that comes with built-in WiFi are the following:
8) DR750S-1CH (with unique WiFi password)
9) DR750S-2CH (with unique WiFi password)
10) DR590W-1CH (with unique WiFi password)
11) DR590W-2CH (with unique WiFi password)
12) DR900S-1CH (with unique WiFi password)
13) DR900S-2CH (with unique WiFi password)
So far, the model name that consists of "W" or "S" comes with built-in WiFi. If you don't have the packaging with you to confirm the model name, you need to look out for the label on the dashcam's body. As the label is hidden, you need to remove the dashcam out from the mount holder (bracket) at first.
If your dashcam with "BlackVue WiFi" or "BlackVue Cloud" printed or with "WiFi" button, this indicates that it comes with built-in WiFi.
If you have access to the microSD card, just playback any of the MP4 format video files with media player on a PC. The model name will appear at the bottom part of the video.
2) What is the WiFi password?
a) For newer models:
If you have DR590W, DR750S or DR900S series, it comes with unique WiFi password for improved security. You can find the label for the unique WiFi password on the dashcam and internal packaging.
If you had changed but forgotten the password, you can reset it back to factory default password with the procedure here.
b) For older models:
The default password is "blackvue". If you had changed but forgotten the password, you can reset it with the procedure here.
3) How to connect the smartphone to the dashcam via WiFi direct?
If you have determined that your BlackVue dashcam comes with built-in WiFi and the correct password, check out the following procedure:
Download and install BlackVue App (Android or iOS) on your smartphone
Video Tutorial (For DR650GW/ DR650S series)
Video Tutorial (For DR900S/ DR750S/ DR590W series)
1. Turn on the dashcam's Wi-Fi by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
2. Go to your smartphone’s Settings then select Wi-Fi, and turn on the Wi-Fi.
3. Choose your BlackVue dashcam from the network list. The dashcam’s default SSID begins
with its model number (e.g. BlackVue650S-ABC123).
4. Enter the password (the default password ‘blackvue' for DR650S series and unique passwords for DR590W / DR750S / DR900S series) and tap Join / Connect.
5. Open the BlackVue app -> Select BLACKVUE WI-FI