1) Where can I purchase the original BlackVue products?
Please refer to the list of our authorised dealers, most of the dealers are able to provide the professional installation with concealed wirings. Alternatively, online store is available from the link here >.
2) How to register the warranty for the product?
Effective from 29 July 2019, customers are encouraged to submit the online product registration within two weeks upon purchase here >.
3) What is the warranty period for the product?
BlackVue dashcam comes with 12 months warranty if purchased and installed by our local authorised dealers. Enjoy 6 more months warranty if you register your product here >.
4) Do you provide the repair service for the product is out of warranty?
Yes, we provide repair service for the product which was purchased from our authorised dealers or from us earlier. Contact us with the model information to confirm the repair service availability.
5) Do I need to make an appointment before coming for repair service?
It is good to do so to avoid unnecessary waiting time. Normally, we will try to repair the unit within an hour but if it requires longer repair time, we can loan you a dashcam for free during the repair period. Terms and conditions apply.
1) Where is your product made?
BlackVue is manufactured by Pittasoft in Seoul, Republic of Korea using the highest quality and reliable components. Pittasoft has set the standard in the car dashcam industry since it was established in 2007.
2) Is your product compatible with Mac OS?
Yes, all BlackVue cameras are indeed Mac compatible! Learn more about our intuitive BlackVue App and Viewer for Mac here >.
3) How you connect the power to BlackVue?
We have a few options available: 1) BlackVue records while in driving mode (records when the engine starts and shutdown when the engine stops): a) Connecting to the accessories power from the fuse panel of the car. (default connection by our authorised dealers) b) Connecting to the external cigar socket/ charger directly. (upon request)
2) BlackVue records even when the engine stops (parking mode), this is made possible with the option of Power Solutions. a) Cellink battery, a standalone rechargeable battery for dashcams. b) Power Magic Pro, a hardwiring kit which taps the power from car battery via fuse panel.
4) Can you install BlackVue in trucks, lorries and others?
BlackVue products is 12 and 24V DC compatible. We also can supply AC adaptor for use in other places out of your vehicles. If you have other requirements on power supply voltages, please contact us for other solutions.
5) What is parking mode?
If you have set up your BlackVue with Power Solutions (parking mode add-on), BlackVue is able to switch to parking mode automatically after your car is parked for 5 minutes. In parking mode, BlackVue only records when it detects any motion or impact, this will saves a lot of memory space for the memory card. You can learn more about Parking Mode from here >.
6) Where is the typical location for the installation of BlackVue, Power Magic Pro and Cellink battery?
For BlackVue, it will be located behind the rear view mirror. Some cars with rain sensor located at the lower part of the rear view mirror, hence BlackVue may needs to be positioned at 1 or 2 as illustration above. For Power Magic Pro, it is typically located below the dash board and easily accessible when in needs. . For Cellink battery, it is normally hidden below the seat or inside the dashboard since it is hassle free product that does not requires users intervention. Note: All wires will be concealed neatly if the product is installed professionally by our trained authorised dealers.
7) How much time is needed for the installation?
Typical installation by our authorised dealers is around 45 minutes for our single channel dashcam (front only) and about 1.5 hours for Dual-channels (front and rear) dashcam.
8) Does it perform loop recording or auto deletion when the memory is full?
Yes, BlackVue will start recording automatically upon power ON. When memory is full, it will automatically delete the oldest file one by one.
9) How much time the memory card records before it starts to overwrite?
This is very much depending on the model of BlackVue dashcam, memory size and quality setting. Please refer to the information here >.
10) What kind of recording format used?
BlackVue records in MP4 (H264) format, it is easy to access and share. It does not requires any specialised software for conversion. Exception for DR490L-2CH which records in AVI format.
11) How many type of files recorded?
There's 3 types of files recorded which is Normal (N), Event (E) and Parking (P). Normal file is recorded when BlackVue is power on. Upon detecting any sudden impact, Event file will be created. Parking file is created when motion is detected while in parking mode.
NOTE: DR650 series, DR750 and DR900 series supports additional Manual (M) file which can be manually activated by touching the sensor. Function for the sensor is default for Voice On/ Off control but can be switched to Manual Recording On/ Off by accessing the settings.
12) Can I used other third party memory card?
We recommend using BlackVue microSD cards for guaranteed compatibility and optimal performance. Learn more from the SD card section above.
13) Do I need to perform maintenance to the memory card?
A memory card gets worn out when it goes through many read-write cycles which may cause errors. Those errors unaddressed may seriously damage the memory card hence shorten the life cycle. Compared to the fairly sedentary lives led by SD memory cards in digital cameras, smart phones and tablets, those used in vehicle dashboard cameras are exposed to a number of stresses. These include large and rapid variations in temperature and humidity, sudden interruptions, instability and ‘spikes’ in the power supply and constant mechanical vibration, any of which can lead to faults that can result in data loss or corruption. As a result, manufacturer recommends to format the memory card periodically, at least once every month to maintain the stability for the recording. Always use the memory card recommended by us to avoid any incompatibility issues. Memory card is a consumable item, it may behaves abnormally and causes errors, hence please check the dashcam's operation according to the user's manual recommendation.
14) How do I connect the BlackVue to the smartphone?
The BlackVue WiFi or Cloud series cameras have built-in WiFi which allows them to connect to a smart phone device or tablet device via the BlackVue App. This can be downloaded free from the Apple or Android app store. When connecting your camera to your phone/tablet device, please make sure that WiFi has been enabled on the camera and the phone. You then go into settings and find the signal of the camera i.e 'DR650GW-?????'. Use the default password 'blackvue' to connect to the camera. Once successfully connected to the camera via the WiFi connection you can then start the BlackVue application and log in to the camera to view footage, download footage, change settings and more.
Note: DR590, DR750S and DR900S series dashcams come with unique password. You can find the information for the WiFi SSID and password on the dashcam or the inside of the packaging.
BlackVue packaging (inside)
Learn more from Technical section above.
15) Do you have 4 channels dashcam for front, rear, left and right coverage?
We could use 2 sets of 2 channels dashcam product to achive close to 360 degree coverage.
16) Will tinted films affect the performance of BlackVue?
Tinted film which is too dark may cause poorer recording quality. Anyway, you can adjust the brightness setting by using BlackVue app or Viewer software as to improve the recording quality.
Note: Please take note that some metallic contents for tinted film may affect the GPS reception of the BlackVue hence it may takes longer time to log on to the GPS.
17) What is the BlackVue Over the Cloud?
BlackVue Over the Cloud is the solution for our Cloud service. Find out more here.
18) How do I check if my BlackVue is compatible with BlackVue Over the Cloud?
If you are using DR650GW series, please visit here to check compatibility. Otherwise, you can compare the existing dashcam models which is compatible with our Cloud service here.
19) What smartphone is compatible with BlackVue dashcams?
Generally, smartphones from Apple and Samsung have the (*) best compatibility comparing with other brands like Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo and etc. Many of these phones claimed to run on Android OS, but most of them were tweaked by the manufacturers. Some smartphones with limited capabilities to playback the recorded files smoothly, distorted sound etc. Disclaimer: Since there's so many smartphone models in the market with wide variations of OS and hardwares, we cannot guarantee all smartphones are 100% compatible with our products. Please check with us or our dealers before purchase.
1) Which SD card is compatible with BlackVue?
a) We recommend using our microSD cards for guaranteed compatibility and optimal performance.
b) The reason is that dashcams put microSD cards under higher stress than most electronic products such as action cameras or DSLRs due to their constant loop recording. We test our cards extensively before selecting them for inclusion in our products, to make sure that their performance is good and degrades as little as possible over time. Anyway, memory card is a consumable item when it is used in dashcam hence it will fail eventually and requires a new replacement.
c) Using other third party microSD cards can affect dashcams’ performance and in some cases, force the dashcam to reboot or restart randomly during recording. Although the basic requirement of the microSD cards for BlackVue dashcams is Class 10 or U1 and that the SD card should be formatted as FAT32 [Windows] or MS-DOS (FAT) [Mac OS], we cannot guarantee the perfect performance of cards from other manufacturers, as even cards with same specifications may vary from batch to batch.
2) What is the maximum capacity of SD card supported?
To check on the recording hours, please refer to the link here >.
3) Camera says "Please check SD card"
Memory card performance is crucial for the dashcam to operate and record normally. The dashcam will stop the operation and prompt error "please check SD card" when it detects any error related to the card. The most common fix for this error message is to try formatting the SD card at first. Please follow the procedure from item 5) How to format the SD card? below.
Memory card is a consumable item when used in dashcam. If the issue persists, please replace with a new memory card from us. Incompatible memory card may also trigger this error randomly.
4) Camera says "No SD card, please insert SD card"
A) Please ensure that the memory card is inserted properly into the slot of the dashcam.
B) The SD card must be formatted in FAT32 format. If you format the card from the BlackVue Viewer, it will be formatted automatically in FAT32. Refer to item 5 below on the procedure to format the card using BlackVue Viewer.
C) For DR300 or DR350 model, please ensure that you had installed the firmware to the memory card before inserted to the camera. Firmware for these models can be downloaded from our download page.
5) How to format the SD card?
Important: 1. Formatting the microSD card will delete all the recordings on the card, so make sure to back up the necessary files by saving them in the internal memory or on BlackVue Cloud (Cloud compatible dashcam’s only), or by connecting the microSD card to the computer before formatting it. 2. The SD card must be formatted in FAT32 format. If you format the card from the BlackVue Viewer, it will be formatted automatically in FAT32. 3. Format the microSD card at least once a month as recommended to maintain the stability and integrity of the recording. 4. Format the microSD card if the recorded video quality appears to be poor. 5. Format the microSD card if the dashcam prompts error message related to the memory card or random rebooting.
A) QUICK FORMAT USING BLACKVUE DASHCAM
The easiest way to format the SD card for periodic maintenance is by pressing the WiFi/ Format or Mic/ Format button.
• For newer dashcam models (DR900S, DR750S, DR590W, DR590): a) Press the button for 5 seconds till beeps b) Press again the button for another 5 seconds till beeps
For earlier dashcam models, press the button on the side of the dashcam for 10 seconds until the dashcam beeps.
If there's no WiFi/ Format or Mic/ Format button, formatting is only available using BlackVue Viewer.
If you have error related to microSD card and quick format by BlackVue dashcam does not help, please proceed using the BlackVue Viewer instead.
B) FORMAT USING BLACKVUE VIEWER
Format using WINDOWS VIEWER: 1) Power off the dashcam and take out the microSD card. 2) Insert the microSD card into the microSD card reader. 3) Connect the microSD card reader to your computer. 4) Explore the microSD card directory, go to BlackVue folder > Software folder. (If you cannot find this folder in the existing card, please continue to step 5, or else skip to step 6) 5) Download the latest version of WINDOWS VIEWER from here > to your PC. 6) Run the software available inside the card or install the one just downloaded to your PC and run. 7) Click on the FORMAT button. 8) Select the microSD card drive and click OK. 9) Double check the card is completely blank after formatting. 10) Insert the card back to the dashcam and power ON. 11) Wait for about 1 minute for the card to be initialised by the dashcam and voice prompt for "...start normal recording".
Format using MAC VIEWER: 1) Power off the dashcam and take out the microSD card. 2) Insert the microSD card into the microSD card reader. 3) Connect the microSD card reader to your computer. 4) Explore the microSD card directory, go to BlackVue folder > Software folder. (If you cannot find this folder in the existing card, please continue to step 5, or else skip to step 6) 5) Download the latest version of MAC VIEWER from here > to your PC. 6) Run the software available inside the card or install the one just downloaded to your PC and run. 7) Click on the FORMAT button. 8) Select the microSD card from the list of drives in the left frame.
9) After selecting your microSD card select the Erase tab in the main window. Next, select MS-DOS (FAT) and click ERASE.
10) Click on the ERASE to confirm the formatting process.
11) Double check the card is completely blank after formatting. 12) Insert the card back to the dashcam and power ON. 13) Wait for about 1 minute for the card to be initialised by the dashcam and voice prompt for "...start normal recording".
1. Turn on the dashcam's Wi-Fi by pressing the Wi-Fi button. 2. Go to your smartphone’s Settings then select Wi-Fi, and turn on the Wi-Fi. 3. Choose your BlackVue dashcam from the network list. The dashcam’s default SSID begins with its model number (e.g. DR650S-ABC123). 4. Enter the password (the default password ‘blackvue’) and tap Join / Connect. (For newer models DR900S, DR750S, and DR590W), it comes with unique password for improved security which could be found inside the packaging box or the device.
5. Download and install the BlackVue App to your smartphone. 6. Open the BlackVue app -> Select BLACKVUE WI-FI
Note: If you are still unable to connect, please refer to other possible reasons on item 4) below.
4) Unable to connect BlackVue WIFi / error "BlackVue WiFi signal is too weak"
Possible reasons: 1. Check if the Wi-Fi LED on the dashcam is ON or blinking. If it isn't, press the Wi-Fi button to turn it ON or restart the dashcam. 2. The smartphone is too far from the dashcam, stay nearer (not be more than 10m). 3. Turn on the Location in the app settings of your phone and try to connect. 4. If you are using an Android phone, turn off "Smart Network switch" on your phone. If you are using an iPhone, turn off "Wifi Assist". 5. Virtual Private Network (VPN) is connected or switched on. Switch it off from the phone settings. 6. Memory card is corrupted or defective. Please try to format or replace the SD card. Learn more from the SD card section above. 7. Only one phone or tablet can be connected to a BlackVue dashcam at a time. For this reason, make sure that the dashcam is not connected to any other device when you are trying to connect to it. 8. If you are using iPhone, you may need to "Reset Network Settings". Go to iOS settings > General > Reset Network Settings. 9. With updated iOS 14+, please make sure that the "Local Network" is switched on. Go to iOS settings > BlackVue > Local Network > On 10. Delete the BlackVue App, restart your phone and download the BlackVue App from Google or Apple store and try again. 11. Sometimes, a particular smartphone may fail to connect to the dashcam's Wi-Fi. If possible, try to connect to the dashcam's Wi-Fi by using another smartphone and send us the model number and OS version of the smartphone that can't be connected to the dashcam's Wi-Fi.
5) Unable to switch the WiFi to default OFF
When the Cloud service is enabled the Wi-Fi auto settings cannot be adjusted. Wi-Fi will automatically switch on when you turn on the dashcam and remain on. You can change the settings as follows: Using BlackVue App: If you don’t use the Cloud service, you can adjust the Wi-Fi auto settings. 1. Go to your smartphone’s Settings > Wi-Fi and connect to your dashcam. 2. Open the BlackVue app. Select BLACKVUE WI-FI > Settings > Cloud settings.
NOTE: For DR750S series dashcam, even you had switched the WIFI AUTO TURN ON to OFF, the WIFI will still ON for about 5 minutes upon power ON.
Using BlackVue Viewer: 1. Remove the microSD card from the dashcam. 2. Insert the card into the microSD card reader and connect it to a computer. 3. Run the BlackVue Viewer program. 4. In BlackVue Viewer Go to Settings (Windows) / BlackVue Viewer-> Preferences (Mac) to access the settings panel. 5. Click on Cloud Settings tab and under Enable Cloud Service, choose Off. 6. Click the Wi-Fi and Other tab and and adjust the desired Wi-Fi auto settings. 7. Click Save & Close.
6) Unit keeps restarting
1. This problem is most likely due to a faulty, corrupted or incompatible SD card. Please format the card or replace with a new card from us. Learn more from the SD card section above. 2. If before the system restarts, there's message "Resetting the Time", this problem is due to the system is trying to re-adjust the date and time which is out of sync with the GPS. If this error occurs frequently, please send your unit back for warranty claim or repair. 3. If before the system restarts, there's message "Powering down", this problem could be due to intermittent power source for example poor connection of the installation. Please contact the installer for a check.
7) Incorrect date and time
1. Upgrade the dashcam's firmware to the latest version available on the download page here>. 2. For the dashcams without built-in or externally connected GPS module, run the Time setting program available on the download page [Download Viewer, App, Manual and Others] from here >. (Note: Time Setting Software is not compatible for DR590W, DR590 and DR490 series) 3. For the dashcams with built-in or externally connected GPS module, it is not necessary to run the Time setting program if the dashcam's GPS is working properly. NOTE:
Make sure that you set the time zone correctly using the BlackVue App or BlackVue Viewer for example, Asia > Singapore or +8 GMT.
BlackVue systems use a RTC (Real Time Clock) internal battery to maintain an accurate time & date. If there is an issue with system or the RTC battery has come to the end of its life, the time and date may go out of sync. Please contact us for warranty claim or repair service.
8) Unit prompts "Error 1 GPS"
This error is normally due to wrong connection of rear camera jack to the GPS socket of the front camera. Power off and reinsert the rear camera jack to the correct socket.
9) What is the correct camera lens adjustment?
Adjust the angle of the lens by rotating the body of the front camera. We recommend pointing the lens slightly downwards (≈10° below horizontal), so as to record video with a 6:4 road to background ratio.
10) How to share the video files using BlackVue App?
BlackVue dashcams record with the best image quality but sharing it via WhatsApp will degrade the quality due to compression performed. Please take note that WhatsApp on Android OS is unable to compress the BlackVue video files before sending out but no problem for iOS. If you are using Android smartphones, please consider sharing the files while maintaining the original video quality (no compression) by using apps such as WeChat, Telegram or upload the files to Google Drive or One Drive and share the download link with others instead.
Have a question that you can’t find the answer to?
BlackVue Cloud is the industry-leading cloud service established since 2015. Push Notifications, real-time video and GPS-tracking, Event Files Upload (Cloud backup), the possibilities are endless. BlackVue Cloud is all about using your dashcam to its full potential, so that you and your car are always connected. Discover the features, plans and compatible cameras.