Dear BlackVue Users,
A new firmware for DR750S-1CH and DR750S-2Ch (version 1.003) is now available. Please check below for details.
For driving and parking conditions in Singapore, we recommend to set the following:
1) Brightness Level: 3
2) Enhanced Night Vision: Parking Mode Only > ON (especially parking in the outdoor car park at night)
This is the sample footage with the above settings.
Even the Enhanced Night Vision is only activated during parking, the brightness during driving is sufficient with our urban driving environment.
2) New Extreme mode with 25Mbps bitrate for the front camera.The added bitrate may help maintain image quality in environments exhibiting high visual complexity, typically scenes with dense foliage and trees. In urban environments, the improvement may be less noticeable.
Please note: this mode will greatly increase file size and as a result, Wi-Fi transfer time. It will also lower the total available recording time. Each front camera video file will be approximately 190MB in Extreme Mode vs 90MB in Sports Mode.
See our updated Video Quality Settings and Recording Time Table.
3) New Enhanced Night Vision setting options: On (Always) / On (Parking Mode only)/ Off. When driving at night in well-lit streets, your vehicle’s headlights usually illuminate the scene enough that Enhanced Night Vision may not be required. Meanwhile, a parked vehicle with headlights off will greatly benefit from Enhanced Night Vision. This is why we added the On (Parking Mode only) option.
4) New Wi-Fi Auto Turn On option (On/Off)When deactivated, the dashcam’s Wi-Fi will stay off until you push the Wi-Fi/Format button.
5) Improved Cloud hotspot connection scenario and fixed Cloud-related voice alerts.
6) Improved Parking Mode Voice Notification scenario. This updated scenario was designed to reduce false positives (such as opening/closing doors triggering Event recording): the dashcam will ignore all Events occurring in the 3-minutes before exiting Parking Mode.
Make sure to use the latest versions of the BlackVue Viewer and App for full compatibility when installing a new firmware version.
Go to the DOWNLOADS page to access the latest firmware and installation instructions, or use the BlackVue App to download the firmware to your mobile device and do a Firmware Over-The-Air upgrade via the BLACKVUE WI-FI menu.